5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2017 1:31 PM by Megan Truett

Bunchball rules for a "Follow Space" challenge?

sakendrick

We had Bunchball gamification setup over a year ago by a consultant and it appears one of the challenges has a bug.  The challenge is simple - just follow a specific space.  I've made adjustments based on the documentation I've found, but the action is completing the challenge.

The ruleset is FOllowEvent-FOLLOW

Acition goal Number of calls >= 1

Under advanced options the following metadata requirements:

Name = containerId

Value = 2003    (grabbed this from going to that space, posting, and looking at the URL)

Name = containerType

Value = community

(order doesn't matter)

Any idea what I"m doing wrong? These rules don't appear to be satisfied when I go and follow the space.

Jive Gamification, Engagement, and Rewards

• Re: Bunchball rules for a "Follow Space" challenge?
          umillm6

Hello! I was always told that we couldn't gamify following a place or a group; joining a group was the only trigger that was available. The FollowEvent-FOLLOW tag is for following people. See the very bottom of the table here: Jive Advanced Gamification Module: Action List.

1 person found this helpful
              Nathan Howard

I'd listen to Maren, sakendric. It's not that Bunchball is incapable of tracking that behavior, it's that the Jive-built AGM (Advanced Gamification Module) plugin wasn't designed to send those activities to Bunchball. As Maren shared, the Jive Advanced Gamification Module: Action List is a complete list of all the actions that Jive's AGM plugin was designed to capture and send over to Bunchball's Nitro Studio. So there are only two similar actions that can be captured. Becoming a member of a social group, which also simultaneously causes you to follow that group.

SocialGroupEvent-CREATEDCreated a social group
              SocialGroupEvent-MEMBER_ADDEDJoined a social group

Or following another user.

FollowEvent-FOLLOWFollowed a user (friend or connection)
              FollowEvent-FOLLOWEDWas followed by another user (friend or connection)

Outside of those two examples, I'm afraid anything further would require a custom version of that AGM plugin. And if you're using a Cloud instance, then I'm afraid customizing that AGM plugin is not possible. As a result, your only option might be filing an idea in their Ideas for Jive Space. Please let us know if you have any follow-up questions about this.

Nathan Howard

Manager of Technical Services

Bunchball The Leader in Gamification

sakendrick

Hmm... you'd think my high priced and reputable consultant agency would have known that when they set this up.

Thanks for the clarification.  I'll look for ways to change this particular mission - can you set it for starting a discussion in a specific space?

Nathan Howard

My pleasure, sakendrick. I'm not sure who they're and can't speak on their behalf, but I spent years working at Jive and now employed at Bunchball. I'm open to criticism if I'm incorrect, but this has always been the case for as long as Jive employed me. The only reason why this can't be captured is that the Jive AGM plugin doesn't fire off any action to Nitro Studio when you follow places or content.

However, any other actions that do get sent will typically include a set of standard metadata relating to the circumstances around the passed action. Before I left Jive I compiled a list of these default actions that are in use: Jive Advanced Gamification Module: How to Find Metadata Types and Values. Please review that document and let me know if you require any further clarification.

Nathan Howard

Manager of Technical Services

Bunchball The Leader in Gamification

Megan Truett

I can confirm that. Back when I was a CM, we wanted people to follow a space for a promotion and discovered it wasn't possible. So we asked users to share a space with a fellow employee as part of a larger promo mission.

This doc might help in the future: Known Limitations and Quirks about Gamification Module. If you can't access this, just request to join Jive Gamification User Group. Ted Hopton and I created this group years ago and Jive would only allow users to create private or secret groups. Now I think general users can't create groups at all in here

1 person found this helpful