5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2017 10:57 PM by danthomas

Reporting on size of community content

laurenpoole

I'm interested in learning if anyone has run a successful content audit reporting on file-size? I'd like to highlight files that are particularly large (not just videos!). I'm aware of the potential of using the API but appreciate any steer from those who may have run similar audits in the past. Thanks!

• Re: Reporting on size of community content
          b.taub

Dave,

I'm pretty sure you can only get size info for uploaded files and only through the APIs.  Number of versions on Jive is available for other content as well. See screenshot from our product, InSite for Jive:

Ben

laurenpoole

b.taub thanks for the suggestion. Are you able to confirm whether archived versions of a document count towards the storage quota? So a 1MB file with 10 versions will count 10MB  out of the quota.

b.taub

David,

I believe that it is only reporting the size of the active version of the uploaded document, however, it would be pretty straightforward for us to create a report (Custom View in our world) that has a column with the result of multiplying the size by the number of versions.  Although this makes the assumption that all versions are the same size, I would bet that the ease of creation outweighs the few percentage points this would be inaccurate by.  I think ranking would be accurate.

Mentioning Dan Thomas, since his community is on-prem and he has dealt with this before.  He may have more info on this for you.

Ben

1 person found this helpful