4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2017 1:22 AM by adamjukes

How can we add more tile zones to pages?

adamjukes

Has anyone been able to add more tile zones to pages template?

The limit of 4 larger tile zones just isn't enough for us.

• Re: How can we add more tile zones to pages?
          jgoldhammer

There is not config for this AFAIK.

Please check the code of Jive Core- maybe you have luck and find something...
          It does not seem that somebody of Jive will jump in here,

After leave of Ryan Rutan as community leader here, there is a big gap to bring the right people together...

adamjukes

thanks Jens, we are currently having a little play but not quite there.

I'm surprised we are the first to ask about this, if I get good news then will share.

Jonathan Block

Unfortunately, you're not the first to have asked about this.  As far as I know, the limitation has to do with Jive's performance tolerances.  They're unwilling to put more items on the page because it might make the platform seem too slow/unwieldy/whatever.  There is something to be said for rethinking a page design that would need more tiles than they currently allow, but it would occasionally be nice to be able to push past the limits or reallocate those limits among the columns.

If you haven't found it yet, there's also a limitation on the number of custom tiles you can place on a single page (2, I believe).  They were working on performance improvements that would remove or at least loosen this limitation, but it sounds like that's *still* in the "we're working on it" stage and not something to count on in the near future.

adamjukes

There is a system property that allows more custom tiles to be used, which we have used as our dev guys are churning out some cracking new tiles and we no longer use ootb tiles, always put custom ones (think we have 10 custom tiles on our main home page now)

But would be really

nice to be able to add more than 4 larger zone tiles in a template, I’m confident with some soy file magic we can get there (The furthest we’ve got without breaking the template is swapping the smaller right column zones with the larger centre zone which is helpful when we need 5 or 6 tiles in the larger zone rather than the ootb limit of 4.

1 person found this helpful