8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 11:00 AM by mnevill

advocate identification through metrics

mnevill

We are on Jive-x Cloud with a community mixed of customers and employees.  I can't remove employees from the leaderboard and don't have DB access to use queries that help here, but I'm trying to figure out a way to best identify advocates in our community that are not employees.  Our employees answer most of the posts but I want to see, know, and reward customers who chime in on threads and have their replies marked as correct or helpful answers.  I have a Quests configured for when an answer is marked as correct and helpful, which has been great at recognizing users. Unfortunately, since repeatable quests are not currently possible, I lose all visibility once it happens the first time.  I've asked our employee SMEs responsible for the areas to let me know when they see a good candidate, but we really need something measurable.  I know about the CMR User Leaderboard where you can view points, but it would take too much manual effort to strip out the employees then go back and try and figure out how the points were acquired. The CMR Activity Leaderboard is a little better for correct answers but does not display helpful answers and does not account for when a user asks a question and marks their own reply as the correct answer. I would like to hear from others on how they identify advocates through metrics and specifically what and how they are measuring.  Thanks for any input.

CC: Jive Internal Communities, Jive Advanced Customer Measurement

• Re: advocate identification through metrics
          Libby Taylor

Welcome to my world. We hand curate leaderboards for our advocate program now, we are hoping to find something easier moving forward. I'd love to hear if others have an answer for culling out a certain set of users.

Kathryn

Hey Matt - Not sure it this will work as well in external communities - but measuring non-employees who are followed is a good way to identify new people in a mature community.  I talked about how to do that at Jiveworld.  It depends though on the type of community as to whether following is a typical behaviour.   You did say "any input"

historian

You can do it with a custom, hidden field in the profile. In the Community Reports it would be possible to exclude them from the results. You just need to identify your employees in the field.

b.taub

Follower/Following counts are available via the Rest APIs.  Who the Followers are is available via the DES (Data Export Service.  Or you know - our product InSite (https://411Labs.com) .  Activity by certain users is also available via the DES. So if someone Commented or Marked a Question as Correct for instance. More info on the DES is available here: Using the V2 Jive Data Export Service (Analytics)

As Kathryn Everest and David DeWald said - the rub is getting your segmentation of employees separated from the non-employees you want.  Hidden Custom Profile Field is a good solution.  The only frustration (well, the only one in this example) when using the APIs is that Jive crams all the custom Profile fields into one array field that you have to parse on your end once you pull the data.  Can also be done via Jive Permission Groups (which are also surfaced via the APIs) but this has some downsides too.

mnevill

For a completely separate reason, I am interested in the following counts for places, specifically to a stream where email notifications are enabled (ex: Inbox).  However, to me following isn't a good way to identify an advocate since it is an activity that non-advocates would also perform.

We planned our point system to award points for activities we would like to encourage, but again the employees drown out the customers.  I used to have a DB query where I could filter out employees and then export how all the remaining users accumulated their points. That is my baseline for this I guess, but since I can't access the DBs (pleaded for a year with no luck) that is not a possibility.  It is sounded like their isn't a great out of the box solution for this so far.  Maybe a REST or DES script can get it, but that isn't very straightforward to craft, at least not for me.  It feels like the best option I have is for the SMEs to report users they feel are helpful unless I constantly do a LOT of manual work to filter employees and then go back to verify the actions users performed. I'm all ears on what others are doing.  Is advocate identification mostly done by feel vs metrics for everyone else?