3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 9:49 AM by sscullion

Google Tag Manager; is there any plan to support using GTM rather that plain GA for Third Party Analytics settigns?

mmarkman

My question is more specific to Jive 9 on-prem, but probably applies to others.

Now that we've moved to explicit support for certain Third-Party solutions: Core Help

Is there a plan to support GTM rather than plain vanilla Google Analytics; it would be great to be able us GTM for more granular event tracking etc.

• Re: Google Tag Manager; is there any plan to support using GTM rather that plain GA for Third Party Analytics settigns?
          sscullion

Hi Micah,

I've just stumbled on your question after posting a similar response to another thread. I realise you posted a few months back, did you get this sorted?

In case you haven't.... Yes, GTM can be added to Jive!

As you're on-prem, you can have this added into your core theme, which gives you more control over the placement of the code in the source - recommended.

Alternatively by enabling the Vendor code(legacy) tab under Third-party analytics with the system property __jive.analytics.thirdParty.legacy.enable = true and adding the GTM snippet

Note that the placement in the Jive source isn't optimal as per Google's instructions, however it does seem to work.

I'd love to hear more on what you're looking to do - or have done - with event tracking. I've done a fair bit, including content groups, custom dimensions, search events and more. Always enjoy comparing notes!

Regards,

Simon