9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 7:57 AM by esullivan_carbon

How to turn off weekly updates?

esullivan_carbon

Hi.

We are on the latest cloud version (2016.3.9.0) and are wondering how to shut off the weekly update emails?  I have seen info on how to do this in previous versions, but not for the most recent cloud version.

Thanks for any insight.

Ed

• Re: How to turn off weekly updates?
          parasg

Hi,

Steps to change email notifications settings : 

• Go to "Admin Console" -- > "People" tab of your jive community
          • Select "Settings" section under "People" tab.
          • Go to "Global Profile Settings" where you will find an option to update "Email Notifications" at the end of the page.

Hope that works for you!

Regards,

Paras

esullivan_carbon

Hi Paras,

I"m afraid that will turn off all notifications for customers, when all I really want to do is kill the weekly update email that the system generates.

I tried setting the system property for the digest to false (jive.digest.enabled = false) under "Admin Console" >> "Spaces" >> "Settings" >> "Extended Properties"

We'll see if that works...I'll let you know if our weekly update sends this Thursday!

Thanks

Ed

scoe

Hey Eddie.

I'm confused here because you say "...shut off the weekly update emails". but you don't want to do it globally?  Aren't there really only two options here:

1. Off for all
                  2. On for all, managed by individual user preferences

Won't "jive.digest.enabled = false" do the same as Option #1 above?  And if that's not what you want, then how is your goal different from #2?

-S

esullivan_carbon

Hey Sam,

I do want to turn off the weekly update emails globally, but I don't want to turn off all notifications.  Maybe I am confused here, but in my mind killing the weekly update is not the same as turning off notifications as Paras suggested.  Am I incorrect in that assumption?

As an aside, setting "jive.digest.enabled = false" under "Admin Console" >> "Spaces" >> "Settings" >> "Extended Properties" did not kill the weekly update

Thanks!

Ed

historian

Off topic, but I'm curious as to why you want the digests turned off.

We find that it drives a ton of traffic and engagement to our community.

esullivan_carbon

Hi David,

All we seem to get is customer complaints about the digest; mainly around the lack of relevant content that gets included or the amount of outdated content that gets included.

Thanks

Ed

historian

Just proves that every community is different.

scoe

Thanks, Eddie:

I'd say pop in a support ticket for this and you should get a clear answer by the start of the week.  Nice try on the enabled=false parameter.

I concur that the weekly digest Emails can be worthless if the communities (spaces or groups) that an end user is following are stagnant.  For example, if I follow our internal Classifieds group and nothing new has been posted for weeks, I will still see the same exact digest information in every weekly email.  That's because it'd doing it's job: sending me the list of most recent activity for the community.  Sure, nothing has been posted for weeks, but the last few posts are STILL the most recent.  it's a bit of a conundrum.

-S

esullivan_carbon

In case anyone was curious, response from Lithium Support below.

Thanks

Ed

Hi Ed,

The system property that controls this is not customer facing so just let us know if you would like to have it turned back on.

Thank you,

Zak Kimmell

Technical Support Analyst

Lithium JX Support

4 people found this helpful