3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 9:55 AM by tmaurer

Image File Size Limits

scottda2

Hi there. We are wrestling with the 2mb image file size limit and wondering how/if anyone is handling. Our challenge is many of our employees are trying to upload large images – whether as status, in a comment, in a blog post – and they don’t have the tools or knowledge to reduce the file sizes. We’ve been considering increasing our default image size to 5mb but have concerns about impact to our system performance. Has anyone done this and have any feedback? Have you addressed this limitation in other ways?  Note we are 9.0.1 in a hosted environment.  Thanks.

• Re: Image File Size Limits
          tmaurer

What I've done in the past is provided easy instructions for using Windows Paint to open and then save the file as a PNG or a GIF. Typically with this problem, it is that the file is a JPG, so a simple file type change will do the trick.

Best of luck!

1 person found this helpful
            moby

Hi. I've found the reverse, namely that PNG format is too big. Switching to JPG usually takes it down quite a bit.

I also use paint to reduce the pixel resolution. HTH

tmaurer

FWIW, I have also found that sometimes when people get a message that an image file is too large, it is not actually the file size, but instead the dimensions are too large (pixels wide or tall). So sometimes an image instead needs to be cropped - a whole different battle.