3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2018 7:46 AM by jenniferol12

We left Producteev; moved to ASANA. Excellent! (import Producteev Tasks!)

smartguy67

Hi everyone.

As you may or may not know, Producteev is shutting down in May. We were in the same pickle as all of you with so many tasks.

One user mentioned "Asana" as a replacement. Sure enough, we checked it out, signed up, and it is EXCELLENT!  Better yet, it has a feature to import all of your producteev tasks (you will have to re-assign them to users).

Plus there are additional features that make it even a better product than Producteev was. There is a $7 or $10 per user monthly fee, but well worth it.

Bert

• Re: We left Producteev; moved to ASANA. Excellent! (import Producteev Tasks!)
          sammmy04

Hi Bert Whitehead

thanks for the information.

With which tool did you exactly import the tasks? I saw that there are various apps to do so - but I am interested in how you exactly did it as it worked well for you.

Kindly

Samuel

smartguy67

Hi Samuel,

We first exported to Excel from within Producteev. Then saved as .csv.

Then in Asana, used their import feature (add tasks via csv).

1. Log inorsign upfor Asana.
              2. Create a project by clicking the + button in the top bar or select an existing project.
              3. Select the project header drop down menu next to your project‘s name, then Add Tasks via, then choose CSV.
              4. Browse for your file or drag into the importer.
              5. If your spreadsheet has a header row, click the Use first row as column names checkbox.
              6. Start your import!

Note: the "Assignees" will not come over, so someone will have to go in and reassign.

Also, unfortunately, there is no "priority" function which seems odd. So I'm using due dates for this on all tasks.

The import does bring over all comments, and sub-tasks and current priority, but as a text block pasted into the "Description" box for the task.

Bert

jenniferol12

We were left in the same position in May when Producteev shut down. We researched a number of task management apps online, but we were looking for something visual and also fun to use. As we're a large team, we needed something that would allow us to keep track of deadlines, team projects, status updates and so on. A member of my team stumbled across DropTask, and we're so glad they did! We signed up to DropTask right away. We have a DropTask for Business account which unlocks all of the apps premium features such as the Calendar and Workflow View - just some of my favourite features within the app.

If anyone is looking for an unique twist on task management, that can replace Producteev, I'd highly recommend DropTask. What's even better is the app is super easy to use and available on all devices, all while on the go! 

Here's a link www.droptask.com

Enjoy!