3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2018 10:24 AM by sarah.omeara

How to include header and footer on Email Digest (Jive Cloud)

kevin.clough

I see the following instructions on the message template customization screen for this email:

"To include the email header and footer template you can add the system property jive.digest.includeHeaderAndFooter with a value of true or false."

However, I do not see any system property section under system > management. I believe I read that Jive Cloud cannot edit system properties.

1. Is it best to just add the existing global header/footer to the html body for this template or is there a better approach?
      2. Once this email is customized, is there a way to do a test email to verify it looks correct?

Thanks!

• Re: How to include header and footer on Email Digest (Jive Cloud)
          john_reynolds

Hi Kevin

I see the following instructions on the message template customization screen for this email:

"To include the email header and footer template you can add the system property jive.digest.includeHeaderAndFooter with a value of true or false."

However, I do not see any system property section under system > management. I believe I read that Jive Cloud cannot edit system properties.

True, you cannot see System Properties in cloud.  And even if you did have access to the System Properties, you may not see some properties that have a default value. Adding them explicitly is sometimes redundant or to set it to a different value than the default. Ultimately though, you can open a case with Jive Support and they will add a system property for you

Is it best to just add the existing global header/footer to the html body for this template or is there a better approach?

I haven't worked on this or noticed the Email header different in awhile, but it will depend on what you want your emails to look like. In my opinion, I would want to set the system property and have all emails be consistent, so that one change in the header or footer applies to all templates

Once this email is customized, is there a way to do a test email to verify it looks correct?

Yes here's how

1. Go to System -> Settings -> Message Templates
          2. Open a template, click the Preview button
          3. Click "Send Test Email"
          4. Enter the name and email of the target recipient

2 people found this helpful