10 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2018 3:40 AM by lhallam

Have you implemented v9.0.4?

lherd

How was your experience? Did you see lots of issues resolved, or were more created? After the many issues created by implementing the last version ( 9.0.3), we want to make sure it is worth the upgrade. Thanks!

• Re: Have you implemented v9.0.4?

Hi Lisa Herd! You may want to check the comment section of Fixed Issues in Jive 9.0.4, they are having some discussions about 9.0.4 over there.

gbrettmiller

We are in the process of moving to 9.0.4 on-prem from 8.0.5 on-prem. So definitely reading up on all the various documents and threads and curious to hear about the experience of those who have already been through it.

I should have mentioned this before - but AureaWorks will be upgrading to 9.0.4 next week, so you can see it in action on a live Production instance

1 person found this helpful
                mcollinge

We upgraded from 8.0.5 (on-prem) to 9.0.2.1 back in September 2017 and it went pretty smoothly. We have a fair amount of customisation, but our team was able to handle it all in ~4-5 months without an PS involvement. It was a lot less troublesome than our 4-6 or 6-8 upgrades, thankfully!

We're now upgrading from 9.0.2.1 to 9.0.4.0 and it's a pretty low impact point release.. there were issues (like everyone's profile pictures disappearing) but in general, nothing we couldn't handle. It goes live next week before the GDPR deadline hits (9.0.4 contains some enhancements to help with GDPR, but we still needed to customise a bunch of extra things into it to fully comply).

gbrettmiller

Matt, I think I may have asked this in another thread but since you mention it here...  How did you "handle" the profile pictures issue?

mcollinge

We overlaid the code that handles the profile images and used the code from 9.0.2.1. The class is /web/src/main/java/com/jivesoftware/community/impl/ProfileImageManagerImpl.java

Does that help?

gopi.gorantala

Thanks Matt..  We have the profile images are broken for few people, not all of them in our 9.0.4 environemnts..   On top of this we are having couple other major issues.

1. Search is very slow.. we need to re-index the search to keep the nodes happy. We raised this with our engineering team and they are working on this.

2. Idea plugin fails with SQL errors..

2 people found this helpful
                                mmarkman

Yeah, the idea plugin changes the indexes around (I believe to make sure users can't vote on the same idea multiple times) the sql updates don't actually get rid of existing duplicate records before applying the new index.

SQL depends on which database you're using but basically you need to find all the rows in jiveideavote that have the same userid ideaid

SELECT userid,ideaid

FROM jiveideavote

GROUP BY userid,ideaid

HAVING COUNT(*) > 1

We voted to keep the most recent vote for each of these and removed the rest.

Check out AddConstraintsToJiveIdeaVote.xml for all the details.

--Micah

lhallam

I think we were fortunate with our upgrade.  Our IT guys now have a pretty slick process for doing releases and that really helps. As far as bugs go we found that upgrade fixed our existing issues with 9.0.3 (we had a fair list of niggles).  Testing identified that we might have an issue with Tiles not working across the instance, but luckily this didn't translate into the live system.  As it is we've gone live with only two bugs, missing profile pictures and a CMR that shows total users increasing by the number of active users ever day (now up to 39k in a community of 4.5k users).  Currently, the image issue plays into our hands as we are having a push on improving peoples profile pictures and copyright compliance.  At this point I'm not sure that I'll even deploy the fix when it becomes available.

Assuming that this release continues to be free of major problems I don't plan to do another upgrade for some time.  I've now done 3 upgrades since November and cant sustain this in the business if there are no tangible feature improvements.

That said, best wishes for a smooth upgrade Lisa