6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2018 7:23 AM by michelle.gantt

Unable to convert pdf

sandra.e.marini

Hello

is anyone else experiencing issues with uploading pdfs and getting the below message

I have had several colleagues raise this with me. 

We are on cloud version.

thanks

Sandra

• Re: Unable to convert pdf
          tmaurer

Your image isn't displaying, but I think I know which message you are referring to.

I believe this is a known bug. Details I have from our very old support case on this topic:

It looks like you're experiencing a known issue, CLOUD-1204, where document conversions are failing because of space issues on the document conversion nodes.

sandra.e.marini

Hi Tracy Maurer thanks for your reply.  Sorry you can't see my image; it says 'we are unable to convert this document for viewing. Click to try converting the document again.'

Is there a solution for this? Or are we waiting for an upgrade/other?  Do we have to just avoid uploading things for the moment?

thanks

s

tmaurer

Usually if you check back later, it will have corrected itself. And other than just trying again later, there isn't a workaround. Waiting for an upgrade that contains a fix. I suspect that moving to AWS will be the resolution as they are likely using newer hardware for this service.

Hi Sandra Marini

Sorry you are having issues with .pdf converting after being uploaded. There are many different reasons for this to be happening.

1. Have you had this issue before?
                2. Have you been successful with another pdf file?
                3. Can you try a very simple pdf today to see if you receive the same issues popup? The reason I mention this is because I have this issue only where I have upload a pdf that has encryption and it will not convert.
                4. Has your Community been upgraded recently? If so, do you know which version of Cloud or Host you're on?

Also, in the meantime, to connect you directly to support, I suggest creating a case in your private support group so an engineer can take a look at your instance. If you cannot create a case, ask your community admin to open one for your issue.

Regards,

Carol