4 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2018 6:38 AM by michelle.gantt

Are there any thoughts to add Form capability to the Jive platform?

tmaurer

This continues to be something that keeps some areas of the business entrenched in older ways of doing business - the lack of an easy way to create and/or host forms that can be used for things like ordering business cards, registering for an external event, requesting an engagement with a PS team, etc.

Is this functionality that other customers would find useful? Is it anything that is on the radar? Curious to hear from others.

• Re: Are there any thoughts to add Form capability to the Jive platform?
          jries

We would definitely find this type of functionality useful.

We have a number of requests that are completed in our site (translation, office supplies, swag requests, statistical analysis of data, etc.).

We handle these today by creating document (form) and then using the copy functionality to get a link. It is then provided for the user to click and create a discussion, with the appropriate format, @mentions,categories and tags already selected.

Having a form creator though would be far easier.

michelle.gantt

Tracy Maurer, as you know, we used to have the forms add-on which was limited in its capabilities.

We have recently developed a new Forms & Surveys add-on which is much more robust and easy to use - and includes a tile where the form can be displayed on a landing page. If you're interested, get in touch with your account manager.

tmaurer

Thanks, Michelle! Is it possible to get some more information about it before I talk to my account manager? I'd have to build a case for extra budget, and I have an idea, but would need to understand more about how it functions. Talking to my sales rep at this point would be really premature.

michelle.gantt

TBH, we haven't done a good job of providing public info on it yet. I'm checking with some of our PS folks to see when this will happen. For now I can add some screenshots here:

This is what the field configuration area looks like:

A really cool thing is that if you configure it to create a document when the form is completed, you can force some of the fields to create tags (this was my contribution to this add-on ). However, you also don't have to create a piece of content - you can have the form submissions just go into a csv file - or both.

More configuration options:

This is where you can see the form submission results and download them to various formats

Control how the end document looks here:

You can also configure the fields to go different other fields depending on the answer the user picks.

4 people found this helpful