4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2018 11:35 AM by Dori Gray

Inbox Shows "Wrote" Not "Modified" when document is updated

Nik Edmiidz

Can someone confirm if this is a known-issue that the Inbox shows a document was written by original author a few minutes ago when in fact it was modified by someone else a few minutes ago?

• Re: Inbox Shows "Wrote" Not "Modified" when document is updated
          tmaurer

I just noticed that on a blog post that the author commented on. And I think I may have seen it elsewhere but not quite realized what was going on. You know, that niggling feeling something is wrong, but you are too busy with other things to investigate? Will keep my eyes open. And can say that I haven't added a case for this, but will shortly.

Dori Gray

Nik Edmiidz - I opened a case about this back in September 2017. It happens ALL the time here, especially when someone comments on a post. It will say "Commenter Name wrote X" instead of "Commenter Name commented on X." It drives me INSANE. Support had me attach a HAR. We went back and forth until December 2017, at which time the support person said this:

I could not identify any similar incidents reported by any customer in the past so I suspect it could be something specific to your instance.

As I have not been able to replicate the issue and identify the root cause of this issue, I am assigning this case to the next level of Support Team for their assistance.

Once this case is picked up, the engineer will respond accordingly to you with further steps for investigation.

...and I never heard back again.

1 person found this helpful
                Nik Edmiidz

Good, it wasn't just déjà vu. I would like to see another collaborative platform that really let their users collaborate openly about pain points like this one.

Dori Gray

Actually I was looking at a similar case but not the exact same one. In the case I opened about THIS problem, Jive closed it because:

"this is likely a customization on your site (and the data in the database is not corrupt in any way)

I think the best course of action would be to test in the preview (sandbox) instance because I cannot replicate this behavior on a plain vanilla instance, nor have I heard of any other customers experiencing this. I have also searched our records and there are no other customers that have reported such behavior in the past."

And this was from last June Nik, when you worked with me. I KNEW you experienced this too and was confused by the timeline on the other case.