11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 6:40 AM by gordon_sorensen

way to unmark as Assumed Answered?

gordon_sorensen

I'm working in Jive Cloud and also posted this in the Lithium JX space. But also thought would post here in case someone knows. we marked a Discussion Question as Assumed Answered, and now want to change it back to be marked as a Question. Don't see a way to do this? Anyone know if there is a way?  thanks.

• Re: way to unmark as Assumed Answered?
          michelle.gantt

I don't know of any way to unmark something as assumed answered, but the workaround is to convert the question to a discussion and then convert it back to a question! Then it goes back to it's unanswered state.

2 people found this helpful
              gordon_sorensen

Michelle – while initially I was excited at the prospect of this workaround, I don’t think it works. I just tested this. You can convert a Discussion to a Document. But you can only mark a Discussion as a Question, then back to a Discussion, and back to a Question and so on. Once you mark something as Assumed Answered, tho, you can not convert it back to a Discussion in any way. Like the idea, tho.

If I’m missing something, let me know. Otherwise, thanks for trying.

michelle.gantt

Hmmm. It worked for me when I tested it. I tested on Cloud using the new content types. But...if you're not on Cloud or using the new content types, you're correct, this won't work. I just tested it here on AW and the same options don't exist. Sorry! Not sure there is a workaround for this challenge

gordon_sorensen

We are on Cloud, meaning we are using “Lithium JX” if that makes any difference. New Content types? Thought we were using the latest, but apparently we’re not. Link for more info and/or how to enable these?

And I assume this capability isn’t retroactive if the new content types are enabled at this point?

Thanks.

michelle.gantt

You would have had to manually go in and enable it. Go here: admin console > system > settings > new features. There are all kinds of goodies in there

2016.1 Deep Dive: Content is where you can see more details about this - but one on of the key things that happened with the updated content types is that Discussions and Questions were separated. If you enable it now, it will change all discussions marked as questions into questions and then I think my workaround will work!

gordon_sorensen

Thanks, Michelle. Actually I am very familiar with that area but have not checked it out recently, nor recall the specific feature that will help in this case. Assume the one for this issue is pretty self evident. Thanks for your help.

gordon_sorensen

I just checked out the new features. Actually I have noticed this before.  I assume the new feature that provides what you describe below is ‘content evolution’? When I first saw that specific feature, I remember wanting to evaluate  it first without enabling it so I could better understand what it means to “give your content a cleaner modern look” and “highlight the unique attributes of each type”.

It seems the only option I have is to enable any of the features and if I want to revert, then disable.

And now re-reading it from what you point out, I don’t get the impression this now allows Assumed Answered to be converted to a Discussion then back to a Question.

Need to look into it further. Thanks.

michelle.gantt

It definitely requires some evaluation before you change a production environment (and some change management for your users)...

Basically, the look of the content changes to a centered display and the items that were formerly on the right appear above - the Actions menu is a dropdown. Jive documents have a expander so that they will fill the whole screen. Blog posts and events have the ability to add a banner image above. And discussions and questions are separated out. During the enabling of the new feature, everything marked as a question is converted to the question content type.

I tested this out on my Cloud instance with content evolution enabled (v 2016.3.10) and it worked to change to a discussion, then back to a question and it lost the assumed answered in the meantime.

historian

Perhaps unrelated, but I've noticed that if anyone clicks the "I have the game question" on a question, you can no longer concert it back to a discussion.