6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2018 8:30 AM by barbaral

Unable to change project URL

barbaral

Hi Jive colleagues!

We are wondering if there is a way to change a project's URL like we currently have for groups.  I saw that a while back the project URL would change automatically when the project name was updated, but apparently that was considered a bug and fixed.

It seems strange that there is functionality in place for users to modify their URLs for groups but not projects...anyone have any insight?  Is this a feature that will be available in a later release? (We're on hosted 9.0.2)

Thanks

cc Faiz Mohammed

• Re: Unable to change project URL
          tmaurer

If you are aware of a way to change a group URL, please share! As far as I'm aware, there's not even a way for a sysadmin to do that without using REST APIs or something non-standard. We tried using the Admin Essentials add-on, as found on GitHub, but while I can use that to add people to a group, the URL change doesn't seem to work and we can't figure out why.

And no - I'm not aware of any way to change a project URL.

barbaral

Tracy Maurer and Michelle Gantt, we do have the Admin Essentials add-on and the feature works fine (funny though, I seem to recall last time I tried to add members using the add-on it didn't work? Maybe you only get one or the other LOL!)   I was hoping the url change for projects would be an option; seems like a natural addition given that we have the functionality for groups.  Too bad it doesn't seem to be on the radar

michelle.gantt

Mirroring what Tracy said: unless you have the admin essentials add-on, you can't change the URL for a group either after it's been saved. Only space URLs can be changed (in the admin console).

So while I agree that it would be awesome to be able to change the URLs of both types of places, I sadly don't think it's on the roadmap as you can't change them in Cloud either - which is usually a precursor to functionalities being added in hosted or on-prem.

barbaral

Faiz Mohammed, do you have any info to add before I go back to our users with this reply (ie: that modifying project URLs is not possible at this time and will not become available for the foreseeable future)?