2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2018 2:57 PM by Kathryn

Way to retain formatting when creating via Email?

nietzsche1988

Hi all,

Currently my employer leverages SharePoint 2013's function to be able to CC an email address from SharePoint to keep a centralized record of: team announcements, FYI's on trending contacts/known tech issues, department blasts regarding organizational shifts, email blasts from Marketing going out to clients, etc. -- this feature is no longer available in SharePoint Online (which we're moving to) so I started scoping out Jive to try and migrate some extra eyes to our internal Community pages.

I tested the "create via email" function...

But I noticed I lose all formatting when I tested it on Announcements, Blogs, and Discussions (whether in preview from Activity pane or clicking into the listing)...

Announcements also seem to limit to just the latest one at a time, and won't reflect the following one until the previous is deleted/expired.

Is there a way to retain formatting? Or is there another way to creatively send out the email blast to Outlook DL's while automatically creating a listing in our internal Community pages for easy search & record keeping? If there are any URLs for previous posts or videos on this topic please feel free to share, I haven't found anything in line with what I'm looking for yet.

• Re: Way to retain formatting when creating via Email?
          tmaurer

Pretty sure that Kathryn Everest started a discussion on this topic recently, and there weren't a lot of great options. You could use the create via email, and then go back and add a PDF attachment to the post so that you have a record of the formatting.

I know my IT was looking into whether they could use a generic account and use the APIs as part of an automated mechanism. They also weren't satisfied with the lack of formatting in the "create by email"; plus it didn't work properly when having the email sent from their automation tool and we couldn't track down why. But they never completed the project, so I don't know if this is a viable route.

1 person found this helpful