1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2018 4:43 AM by michael.obermaier@aurea.com

java support?

pat@dundee.net

Currently, to view LM on-premise reports, my browser is required to have an install of Java.  CHROME and Firefox aren't Java friendly, however, IE continues to be useful.   JAVA has proved to be a dangerous option for Web browsers, I know there's development going on to replace java altogether, has anyone seen further upgrades from Aurea for the reporting sections of LM that will allow us to use FLASH or other alternatives?

• Re: java support?
          michael.obermaier@aurea.com

Patricia Rountree,

thank you for reaching out - we are currently running your question by engineering to get you an answer. If you could provide us with a little bit more context around the following sentence - that would be very helpful

JAVA has proved to be a dangerous option for Web browsers, I know there's development going on to replace java altogether

Meanwhile, I can say as much as that we are not planning to make use of Flash for similar security concerns.

All major browsers have already announced to stop supporting Flash or that they will do so over the course of the next couple of years.

As soon as we have feedback from our engineering team we'll post the answer here.

1 person found this helpful