3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 9:16 AM by Becky Dozier

Search improvements in Jive 9

modell1

Are there any search improvements in Jive 9 over Jive 8? Something very frustrating is that I cannot create a promoted search result to a container. So if there is a space called Benefits where all employees are supposed to go for benefits information, I cannot create a promoted search result for the Benefits space.

• Re: Search improvements in Jive 9
          tmaurer

That is also the way that it works in Cloud, so I assume is how it works in v9. What we have done to work with this is to create promoted searches for Index documents. Index documents are a great help to people anyway as they provide structure around large amounts of content. If you consider, when I type "benefits" I might be looking for information on health insurance, and you might be looking for information on holidays. Landing on the space, I still have to find the actual piece of content within the space. Landing on an Index document, I can quickly find the asset I wanted AND bookmark that document for future needs.

• Re: Search improvements in Jive 9
            mcollinge

This is why we customised our on-prem instance to do 'Featured Results' even before Jive had put promoted results into the product. We're able to show graphical banners which can lead anywhere (places or content);