5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2018 6:05 AM by marjoriewebb

Can't edit Overview pages

marjoriewebb

I just discovered we cannot make any edits to the Overview pages of our spaces. When trying to save, we get the following error message: "The name is a reserved name. The following names are reserved: Overview, Activity, Tasks, Content, Images, People, Subspaces, Analytics, Remote Docs, Calendar, Events, Subspaces and Projects, Projects, Blog, Blogs."

Has anyone else experienced this? Have you found a solution?

One of my team members submitted a support case when we thought it was a problem with the banner images a user was attempting to replace. (They broke after the update.) But now I see it's a larger issue and I can't find how I can fix it since I don't see where I'm controlling the name of the space Overview page.

• Re: Can't edit Overview pages
          tmaurer

See the discussion on this thread: Editing tiles on Overview/Activity page ?

1 person found this helpful
              marjoriewebb

Thanks so much for your help, Tracy Maurer. You saved us from the Support rabbit hole.

tmaurer

Yes, and yet perhaps no. We absolutely need to make sure that engineering is addressing this issue, and it may be the best way to accomplish that is by having a couple of customers who are having trouble with it log cases. Many of us who are worried about this issue aren't on the release, and so we can't report the problem because we don't have a way to reproduce it.

Michelle Gantt - what is your current view on this?

michelle.gantt

Absolutely, Tracy. The more customers who log tickets, the better. This helps Support understand how many customers are affected by an issue so they can inform our Engineering teams about the priority to get something fixed.

I'm so glad we have this group where you can help each other with workarounds - but please also use the official channels to report issues and bugs.

marjoriewebb

Michelle Gantt My IT team had submitted a case two weeks ago, to which we had received no response. (I was never able to see the case in the portal, and when I asked my coworker about it yesterday found it had disappeared from HIS portal as well.) He re-submitted the case and I submitted the question here.  Got the answer from Tracy Maurer as he got a comment from support asking for the details (which he had included in his case submission). We communicated back to Support, providing the links to my question and the thread Tracy shared with me, explaining the resolution to our problem. We also asked that they keep the case open, as you and Tracy suggested.

I so deeply appreciate everyone's help. To me, possibly the highest value of Jive is this community. The ability to ask questions, get answers, and share knowledge is critical to being able to use the tool and do my job. Don't know what I would do without it!