1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2018 10:08 PM by Robert Hanson

is it possble to pull a list of the space owners

kevincheuk

Hi Developers,

We are currently auditing our spaces, as some of them are quite inactive (over 500 spaces ), we would like to email those space owners to tell them their space will be removed if there is no objections. we have downloaded the community report and we can find all the ID and name of the Group owners but the space ones are not there. I would like to know if there is any way for us to obtain a list of the space owners?

It sounds scary if I have to go through 500 spaces one by one to check who are the owners...

Regards,

Kevin

• Re: is it possble to pull a list of the space owners
          Robert Hanson
          I would like to know if there is any way for us to obtain a list of the space owners?

There is, but it isn't trivial unless you are familiar with the REST API.

I am going with the assumption that a Space "owner" is synonymous with a Person that has "manage" permission in the Space.

The pseudo code for doing this would look something like this...

For each of the 500 Spaces:

Fetch the appliedEntitlements for the Space (may require paging through results)

For each appliedEntitlement:

If the appliedEntitlement is for a Person and the appliedEntitlement has "manage" permission

Mark this Person as an Owner

If the appliedEntitlement is for a Security Group and the appliedEntitlement has "manage" permission

Fetch the Person(s) in the Security Group (may require paging through results)

For each Person:

Mark this Person as an Owner

Send an email to the Owners

The API endpoints of interest to you are these:

Jive REST API v3.14 → Place service (Get Applied Entitlements)

Jive REST API v3.14 → SecurityGroup service (Get Members)

1 person found this helpful