7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2018 1:33 AM by sandra.e.marini

html tile

sandra.e.marini

Hi everyone

I seem to have a problem in that people in my community who have tried to use the html tile are not able to do so.  I can add the code they provide and it works for me but I think this must be due to the fact I have 'superpowers' and the community admin.

Does anyone here use the html tile successfully?  Or does anyone have the same issue that people are unable to use it. 

I can't seem to get a straight answer from Aurea support as to whether or not everyone in the community should be able to use this tile as they do any other tile.

We are due to be migrated to AWS next month so not sure if this will help ...

Thanks

Sandra

• Re: html tile
          oonagh.m

You'll have to give users a custom permission to edit Javascript in your community.

Admin console>permissions>other content permissions and you can give people the save java permission there. Unless the console has changed, you'll also have to mark things like insert images into comments in those permissions since for some reason, if you give someone custom permissions for one thing, everything else on that list they're unable to do unless it's also checked.

1 person found this helpful
            tmaurer

Joe Kern - good example of someone trying to get help from support, and support not knowing the product well enough to advise.

joe.kern@aurea.com

Tracy Maurer  -  Thank you for the heads up.  We are in the middle of some major efforts around knowledge which will be both very effective internally to our staff as well as for our clients.  In this effort we are looking at two things:

1.  critical review of cases we get like the above and to ensure we have knowledge articles for these, especially when they relate to frequent cases we are seeing.

2.  bringing in search results from multiple locations (cases, articles, community, documentation. and more)  so that agents are equipped with a large array of knowledge to quickly resolve issues.  Meaning, even if the agent is new and might not have experienced this issue in the past, the new knowledge system should allow them to identify a solution quickly and gain experience.

(yes this is a frequent one, and a simple solution, even I have run into this issue myself)

sandra.e.marini

To be fair support was also telling me I need to create a separate permission but it was quite complicated.

I also don't understand why we have a tile that users cannot use; can anyone explain why this is set up in this way? And why the default is not that we can use the tile.

Does this mean I will need to manually add individual users to a specific group to enable them to use it?  It just seems odd...

Thanks for the response

tmaurer

Because you can easily have someone insert malicious code into an HTML tile, which is clearly bad. Or someone who doesn't understand how to use HTML could insert bad code that could potentially detrimentally affect the way the page displays.

This is less of a problem for internal communities, but still a risk. To be fair, the tile was developed when Jive was still sold for external communities. But to be honest, I prefer having to give people permissions on this one, as then they ask for help and I can vet how they are using it in advance of it being "in the wild”.

oonagh.m

You will have to manually add users that you want to use the HTML tile, which is a bit annoying, but at least a pretty quick process. It's helped me actually,since I have some space administrators who can use HTML comfortably, but they're on a team with other admins who ... I would not trust to edit or create that code. Being able to give them individual permissions has been helpful in preventing some big errors in those tiles.