2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2018 11:39 PM by ikeda

Check all of Upload/Download logs by REST API

ikeda

Hello everyone,

I would like to check logs all of Upload/Download file activities such as below.

(*File could be MS Word, Excel, PDF or Jpeg any kind of files)

• User have uploaded a file into some places by [Files] menu
      • User have attached a file to Jive contents
      • User have attached a picture to comments of Jive contents
      • User have downloaded any kind of file from our Jive community

Could someone please let me know how to do that?

Are there any articles which has mentioned how to do that?

• Re: Check all of Upload/Download logs by REST API
          john_reynolds

Hi, for this you should look into the Using the V2 Jive Data Export Service (Analytics) and How To: Use the Data Export Service API Explorer

The Data Export Service (DES) is an API that retrieves activity data, much server logs would in the past. Jive's REST API could be used, but that is more for getting content from Jive, and not the activities you are looking for.

• Re: Check all of Upload/Download logs by REST API
              ikeda

Hello John,

Thank you very much for your information. In fact, I have tried to use DES before and have found out as below.

1, <Track DOWNLOAD activity>
              We can track download activities for PCs but, not for mobiles.

2, <Track UPLOAD activity - Add attachments to contents>
              Possible to track upload activities however, you have to search for each content type one by one.

3, <Track UPLOAD activity - Add attachments to comments>
              You can search with filtered by Action [ACTIVITY_COMMENT_contents name] but, those logs are including actions for actual comments without an attachment. There is no way to distinguish which is attached a file to comment and which is just a comment for contents.

4, <Track UPLOAD activity - Upload a file directly by [Files] menu>
              You can search with filtered by Action [ACTIVITY_CREATE_DOCUMENT] but, those logs are including actions for actual contents creation. There is no way to distinguish which is uploaded a file directly and which is just a content creation.

I have created inquiry cases in the Aurea Works for several times but answers were:
              >The DES functionality is very limited and no clear filters to get it all sorted. I would suggest trying the core API instead
              >Custom API requests are 'out of scope' for the support
              >Information can be found on Jive Developers | API Documentation, Developer Community: https://developer.jivesoftware.com

That’s the reasons why I’m asking here how to track all of Download/Upload logs by REST API but, if you know how to track download activities by DES(1, in above) and how to distinguish which log is uploaded a file directly and which is just a content creation(4, in above) would you please advise how to do that?

Regards,
              Hirochika