7 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2019 10:30 AM by chris.benkert

Questions ACM

ingridlamperstorfer Novice

Dear Team,

i would have a couple of questions i would like to ask.

1. When doing a Marketing Campaign out of CRM the message which will be created on ACM is always a scheduled message can this be changed?
      2. Opt-in can this only be used with the form created through ACM or could this also be addressed through API's. We will be getting our contacts into the Mailing list via API from the Website, and would like to use the Opt in process from ACM, how can this be done?
      3. Triggered Messages, in the help section i found that a message can be triggered through
      • Opened a message
      • Clicked a link

However, those two Option are not part of the triggered message drop down value and on the help i do not find any fufther Information. How can i activate External API?

BR

Ingrid

• Re: Questions ACM

One more question there was an enhancement planned to improve the message creation initally it was for 2018 what is the new timeline?

chris.benkert Novice

Hi Ingrid,

My apologies for the lack of response.  My name is Chris Benkert and I manage the AEM Support Team.  I'll address your questions in line (pleas see my bolded text):

1. When doing a Marketing Campaign out of CRM the message which will be created on ACM is always a scheduled message can this be changed? - I will need to confirm with the ACRM team because the maintain the integration between the two products however my understanding is the integration is designed for scheduled messages only. Are you desiring to create a Triggered Email?
            2. Opt-in can this only be used with the form created through ACM or could this also be addressed through API's. We will be getting our contacts into the Mailing list via API from the Website, and would like to use the Opt in process from ACM, how can this be done? - I believe you are asking about importing contacts via an API call but just to play it safe, if you are asking if the opt-in form can be built via an API call, the answer is not at this time but may be a possibility when the Form Creation tool is moved into the CAM UI. If however you are asking if you can import contacts into the ACM product via an API call, yes. You most certainly can via call "4.1 Contact Management: Add". The API Guide can be downloaded here ACM API Guide 4.7.pdf
            3. Triggered Messages, in the help section i found that a message can be triggered through "Opened a Message and/or Clicked a Link" - This functionality is not yet in the Lyris HQ UI nor the CAM UI, the replacement for the Lyris HQ UI but is available in the EmailLabs UI via the "Launch EmailLabs" link in the lefthand navigation bar and then clicking on triggers.  For more information, please browse to the EmailsLabs WebHelp and click "Triggers" in the lefthand navigation pane. The gist of the configuration though is that once you have your message created, click "Add New Action" and then select the desired trigger action:
                Completes a survey
                Clicks a link
                Opens an email
                Joins this mailing list
                Updates profile
                Whose demographic is a specific value (must be used in conjunction with another action)
                Visits a web page after receiving a message (this requires an action tracking tag on your web page)
                API fire-trigger method is invoked (cannot be used in conjunction with other actions)

4. There was an enhancement planned to improve the message creation initally it was for 2018 what is the new timeline? - I have been checking with the Product and Project Managers and no one is aware of an enhanced message creation process for the ACM Product.  If you have more information you can provide, that would be great.  What I can say is that the CAM UI does have a new message editor in that it is a more modern version that the one in the Lyris HQ UI, however the workflow is essentially the same.

I hope this information proves helpful but if it does not or if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.  For question 1 please do let me know what message type you are looking to create so that I can follow-up with the ACRM team.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Benkert

TEAM LEADER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

AUREA EMAIL MARKETING & MESSAGING SOLUTIONS CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Dear Chris,

thank you very much for your answer here my Feedback:

1. When doing a Marketing Campaign out of CRM the message which will be created on ACM is always a scheduled message can this be changed? - I will need to confirm with the ACRM team because the maintain the integration between the two products however my understanding is the integration is designed for scheduled messages only. Are you desiring to create a Triggered Email?

I do think there would be quite a few scenarios where i would like to automatically create a triggered  message. Otherwise i need to create a triggered message then manually so in ACM i would have duplicated message.

2. Triggered Messages, in the help section i found that a message can be triggered through "Opened a Message and/or Clicked a Link" - This functionality is not yet in the Lyris HQ UI nor the CAM UI, the replacement for the Lyris HQ UI but is available in the EmailLabs UI via the "Launch EmailLabs" link in the lefthand navigation bar and then clicking on triggers.  For more information, please browse to the EmailsLabs WebHelp and click "Triggers" in the lefthand navigation pane. The gist of the configuration though is that once you have your message created, click "Add New Action" and then select the desired trigger Action --> Do you already have a timeline on when which functionality will come into the CAM UI?

3.  There was an enhancement planned to improve the message creation initally it was for 2018 what is the new timeline? - I have been checking with the Product and Project Managers and no one is aware of an enhanced message creation process for the ACM Product.  If you have more information you can provide, that would be great.  What I can say is that the CAM UI does have a new message editor in that it is a more modern version that the one in the Lyris HQ UI, however the workflow is essentially the same. --> I am talking about below enhancement:

chris.benkert Novice

Hi Ingrid,

Thank you for your responses and the information about the enhancements to the message workflow. I have presented these to the Engineering team to get an understanding of when these will be implemented.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Benkert

TEAM LEADER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

AUREA EMAIL MARKETING & MESSAGING SOLUTIONS CUSTOMER SUPPORT

josefgue Novice

Hi Chris,

is there any news on this topic?

Thanks,

Josef

carinadu Novice

Hi Chris,

are there any new information on this topic available?

We are currently only working with Lyris which is not satisfying at all. Therefore we would like to switch to the campaign manager but only if there are relevant improvements visible and if it is comparable to other email marketing tools like mailchimp, newsletter2go or similar.

Thanks,
                          Carina

chris.benkert Novice

Hello Everyone,

The CAM UI version of ACM (cam.aurea.com) is scheduled to have a major release this coming Tuesday, 21 May that will address 90% of the issues that are preventing us from shutting down the Lyris HQ version of ACM. The remaining 10% of the issues and missing features will be released this summer.

With regard to a Drag & Drop message editor, our marketing materials referenced in this post were pre-mature regarding "Drag & Drop Support" and have since been updated.  In late Q3 we will begin assessing a replacement of the CAM UI message editor with one that supports Drag & Drop.

At this point we have 31 December as our tentative end of life date for the Lyris HQ UI.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post them here.

Thanks!

Chris