4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2019 3:54 AM by emin.medic@aurea.com

Fieldmapping between CRM and ACM is "hard coded"

gabor.horvath

Hi,

although having ACM running in Amazon Cloud in USA, and this is a huge GDPR issue in Germany, we could already convince some of our customers to think about using ACM for sending e-mail newsletters. Of course as the data is sensible, the customers wants to assure, that only the necessary data is synced from CRM to the cloud. By default the user can choose, which fields of CRM she/he wants to map to the ACM fields from the following tables: Company (FI), Human (PE), Person in Company/Role (CP/KP). Some of the customers do not use all of those tables, so the are already asking us to hide some of them. Unfortunately this is not possible: the list is hard coded in a JScript. Bad and unusual for Aurea CRM, where everything is customizable :-(

After the selection of a specific table, all fields of the table are available for the mapping. That is the time, where the data protection officer stops the roll out. She/he wants us to limit the fields. After asking the Aurea Support, I was told this is not possible. Bad and unusual for Aurea CRM, where everything is customizable :-(

I really would like to make our customer happy, but I need Your support for it. Hard coding selections in JScript is not good and we are not used to it for Aurea.CRM. It is only a small programming effort to store those information in the web designer (1-2 lines of code?), as the CRM framework is designed for it. Can you please take care of it, that all the new great features are implemented in the way as "it should be". It would be a great news I could tell to the customers when they ask during the demo: "can we change this" - "Yes, we can" ;-)

Thanks

Gabor

• Re: Fieldmapping between CRM and ACM is "hard coded"
          michael.obermaier@aurea.com

Hi Gabor Horvath,

I appreciate your feedback an we will definitely look into this matter together with the PM team.  However, do not expect any short term changes in the application.

With regards to surfacing "all fields" I would suggest to explore the option of reducing access to those fields e.g. via the user/group rights. The same might be true for the infoareas.

The GDPR "issue" is something I have a hard time to understand. Aurea and Amazon both are compliant with Privacy Shield (the successor of Safe Harbor), we both offer GDPR compliant software solutions. Amazon has no whatsoever access to the data they are processing in their data centers as everything is encrypted while at rest and also in transit. So, even if they had to give out all the data that is stored on their machines (Patriot Act), there is no way it can be accessed b/c of that said encryption.

Cheers

Michael

Martin Ehret

Hi Michael Obermaier,

regarding the GDRP challenge: It would be a first step to get contractual documents (amendment to existing contract) that state where the data is stored, what service levels are in place, what protection measures have been taken, etc... Unfortunately, I have been asking Partner Management for more than half a year, without success so far.

Cheers

Martin

michael.obermaier@aurea.com

Thank you for the clarification, Martin Ehret.  I will discuss with our PM and Legal team on where we are with this.

emin.medic@aurea.com

Hi Martin

In regards to the contractual documents, I have already raised this question with our Legal. The current set of documents that are used for renewal of ACRM Enterprise customers do not cover Campaign Manager.  The solution that was agreed with Legal is as follows:

- All terms and conditions used for renewal of Campaign Manager customers also to be included for renewal of ACRM Enterprise customers

- Quote, template to be amended to correctly reference and include Campaign Manager terms.

This is a change that has to be done on a corporate level for all our ACRM Enterprise customers, direct and indirect. Once we have updated ACRM templates I will share them with all our partners.

In the meantime, I have requested current terms (T&C's, SLA etc.) from Orders team that we are using for our Campaign Manager. I will share them with you and feel free to incorporate them with your renewal quotes for Enterprise customers (referencing them in the quote so they are part of the agreement).

Thanks,
                    Emin

2 people found this helpful