10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2019 6:35 AM by kuja

Streams and inbox issues

kuja

Hi,

Any other customer facing issues with a community having empty streams and completely empty user inbox on AWS EU?

Wkr,

Kurt

• Re: Streams and inbox issues
          kirkan

Hi Kurt, yes we are too - since yesterday afternoon.

Marcus Karbacher

1 person found this helpful
              kuja

For us it's also since yesterday afternoon. First search stopped working, then all streams disappeared and the inbox got empty.

Support said a 'secret reset' would solve it, but it only solved our search. For the rest our community remains useless at this moment. We are not having a good start with our migration to AWS...2nd major issue in a little more than 1 week. When we contacted the hotline last night they were going to look into it and we told them they could do as many restarts as necessary during the night but the very first response we got was this morning when business started again and they asked to do yet another 'secret reset with restart'...which we didn't expect to solve it as it was already done twice...and it indeed didn't, so we're still stuck.

But thanks for telling we're not the only one. Again strange that the Jive Status page shows all green while they have an issue impacting more than 1 customer.

kirkan

Thanks Kurt - it's good for us to know that we are also not the only ones.

I wish I could say that this was only our 2nd Major Issue. Unfortunately our number of major issues was, and still is, in double digits.

This has been on of the toughest experiences in my professional life!

Sandy Vann

kuja

Hi Anthea,

I'm only talking about our major issues since our migration on 13th of April...not about all the ones before the migration

We now got the message that it should be fixed and I see again posts and messages in my inbox. So that's already one thing, but we still have the issue that posts in our published streams do not appear on our homepage. And thus users can miss important corporate news.

And indeed, there are better experiences than having a whole community on your back complaining about issues.

kirkan

I'm only talking about our major issues since our migration on 13th of April...not about all the ones before the migration

Sadly... me too. I'm not talking about the 70+ open cases pre-migration. I'm only talking about the new post-migration challenges we have had.

It is so hard responding to our community right now. Some of our users are so very patient and kind and understand that is beyond our control, but understandably others are distressed and stressed because they cannot do their job! Our jive instance is not just a "nice, social sharing platform" - it is a core working tool. With an average of 750 creates per day, the impact of these problem is absolutely massive.

kuja

Similar situation here, a group is patient, others are completely lost when our community is down. And we have around 15k active users. Each time we have serious issues there is like a storm going through the company.

But as said, for us now the streams and inbox are appearing again. Now pushing Aurea to get streams working as they should so that people indeed see the latest corporate or hr news on the homepage and not only the top & popular things amongst their own private streams as is now the case.

clairelesage

Hello

This problem appears sometimes on our AWS instance too . At the beginning of the week it lasts from 1hour to one day …

When it last too long I use a workaround : I set the "super list tile" in the critical groups until the streams are back.

I hope it can help while the support is finding a solution…

Claire