2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2019 5:52 AM by boxideveloper

DOCUMENT WITH GRAPHIC BACKGROUND

boxideveloper

Can someone show me how to create a document with a "background.jpg" image?   The goal is to have a faded image in the background of the document as a "canvas" while i type in the context.

Here is an example of what i want to do in Jive code for a document i want to display in a tile.

• Re: DOCUMENT WITH GRAPHIC BACKGROUND
          proteus

Hi - I can't see your demo image, but you can do this using CSS provided you are able to add styles to your code and the editor isn't set to strip off some of your HTML tags.

Take a look here: CSS Backgrounds

If you don't know how to use CSS or can't use it because the editor strips out your tags, let me know and I'll elaborate on how to do an inline style version.

1 person found this helpful
            • Re: DOCUMENT WITH GRAPHIC BACKGROUND
              boxideveloper

Thank you David for the response.  CSS sounds like just what i need to accomplish this.  I only have access to jive scripting within my company's intranet sites that allows a department to set up groups with content.   I am trying to do  a redesign, taking ours to the next level.  One of my goals is to create documents that will be displayed in a tile down the center of the main page.

I want the background of the document to have a graphic image so i can overlay or type text over it.

What tools does a novice need to get Jive to include CSS?  What is the latter part that you mentioned includes?

Thanks