1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 13, 2019 2:11 AM by Stuart McIntyre

Custom tiles - Permissions for use and configuration

nicolasjrc

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on custom tiles, which can be set up - via definition json - to be used on specific locations only NEWS, PLACE, USER etc..
      Is there any way to similarly restrict the access to those custom tiles to specific roles or users (in the external addons list), so that those custom tiles - once deployed onto Jive - are not listed/made available to all community managers, but to only to  specific people (admins for example)?

In short: is it possible to allow the use of some custom tiles by specific people like admins, and to prevent other users to insert them on their places/pages?

Thanks!

• Re: Custom tiles - Permissions for use and configuration
          Stuart McIntyre

Unfortunately I do not believe this is possible - all tiles are available to all users.

However, one workaround is to add the custom tiles to a new tile category, and hide the category (via Admin console > Add-ons > Tile Categories).

Then just enable the category when you need to add the custom tiles and quickly disable again. It's a bit of a hack, but I've seen this used in this scenario.

1 person found this helpful