3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2020 1:24 PM by john_reynolds

How to customize slider plugin in jive

rohit.shrivastava Novice

Hello Friends,

I am currently looking to customize the slider plugin which is provided by default in Jive.

Or want to create a new one with all dynamic functionality.

Can anybody suggest me any plugin/add-on related to my requirement? Or suggest any document on which I can get end-to-end add-on guide?

Please find the attached screen shot.

• Re: How to customize slider plugin in jive
          john_reynolds Guru

I'm not aware of any "Jive Plugin" for the slider (Carousel). If you are on Jive Hosted, you can update the template for the Carousel widget. I would also ask you to clarify if you are referring to Widgets or Tiles

Custom Widgets => built with Java plugins

Custom Tiles => built with Jive add-ons

rohit.shrivastava Novice

Thanks John for your reply.

I am referring to Jive Tile, I have some specific requirement that I have to modify the Look and Feel(CSS) of existing Jive tile as per my design.

Existing Jive tile I am talking about the Feature Blog Tile, Carousel Tile, Expandable Section etc.

Although, I can create a new Custom Tile as per my design, but Jive do not allow more than 2 Custom tile on one single page because of performance.

Hence, I am looking for a way where I can modify or more precisely says to Overwrite the existing tile look and feel.

Please be noted, I have Jive hosted on cloud. Therefore, unable to change Styles directly through code.

Any input will be very helpful for me.

Thanks again.

john_reynolds Guru

I am referring to Jive Tile, I have some specific requirement that I have to modify the Look and Feel(CSS) of existing Jive tile as per my design.

Ok, then, no, in Cloud this requirement can't be met because you can't change layout or styling of out of the box Jive tiles

Although, I can create a new Custom Tile as per my design, but Jive do not allow more than 2 Custom tile on one single page because of performance.

This can be changed by opening a case with support. it's not recommended to go too high but the default of 2 can be increased to 3, 4 or 5. I wouldn't recommend going higher then that. See Re: Tiles - maximum custom tiles per page?

Hence, I am looking for a way where I can modify or more precisely says to Overwrite the existing tile look and feel.

Only styling can be done with the simple theme for text colors that are applied globally to tiles