4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2020 8:08 AM by sszabo

CRM role module - export to xml question

sszabo Novice

Dear Community members,

I have a CRM problem to solve on Update 7 version and I would like to ask for your help. I exported the right configuration data from the right module to xml. Separated the file with MsExcel to check content. I worked properly, but I got stuck. I am not able to decode the header of the table.

Do you have any idea where to find the information?

I attached a file with the header labels in the real order to explain what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Sz

• Re: CRM role module - export to xml question
          _miki_ Novice

Hi Szabina,

I don't know if I'm alone with it, but I can hardly follow you:

Do you have any idea where to find the information?

What are you actually looking for? It's not clear what do you want to achieve?

... I am not able to decode the header of the table.

I've stopped using update.seven since ages, but the XML serialization of mmCore Formats did not change, so I'm wondering a little bit, if you do need to decode anything... You receive normally a pure XML.

Separated the file with MsExcel to check content.

I'm pretty sure, something went wrong here: "I exported the right configuration data from the right module to xml." - If so, you got an XML, which you can open by e.g. Notepad or ideally Notepad++/VS Code. MS Excel is suboptimal for reading the content as you do not have a schema for this hierarchical data, and mostly it does not make a sense to flatten it to a table.

Even if the exported XML contained any sensitive data, you could anonymize it and attach it to this thread, that we have a better overview.

Cheers,

Miki

sszabo Novice

Hi Miki,

I spearated with Excel because in my case it makes sense to flatten it to a table, because I want to structure right information in a different view that it is organized on the admin UI. eg. I would like to know whether a trigger, data, other is accessable, writable, etc. for which right roups with what condition. The UI is not suitable for effective assesment in this approach.

I meant the table headers equals to xls tags and as far as I recogized there are different bolcks meaning the levels of the right structure. I am looking forward the sort of the levels and the definiton what ids referers exactly to what.

To anonymize the xml would be bigger effort than it worth at all I hoped there is any standard factory documentation about the strucure of the xml (means a "block" of headers in the separated xls) can help me to handle my "restructuring" issue an easy way.

Thanks,

Szabina

Michael Obermaier Novice

Hi Szabó Szabina, I believe what you are trying to achieve is mapping the actual field name to the XML label.

You might want to got into the (Admin) Maintenance Module > Datamodel to find the respective Info Area (table) and its list of fields.  The DB Column will give you the necessary insight.