We have as well users who - obviously - don't understand the logic. What is the reason that the links UI works different for announcements?
I have not been able to reproduce this bug from Ryan's description above. Could you post the steps to reproduce it, please, so that I can make sure it has been fixed or file the bug for you? Also, which version are you using?
Do the following:
- create a new announcement with title
- add some text and select one word and click on the Link button
- add the following link: http://www.swissre.com/pws/about%20us/knowledge_expertise/top%20topics/liability%20dynamics/liability_dynamics_clients.html
- Click on insert link and publish the announcement
- Click on the details in the announcement and check the properties of the link (in our case it shows https://ourspace.swissre.com/www.swissre.com/pws/about%20us/knowledge_expertise/top%20topics/liability%20dynamics/liability_dynamics_clients.html