3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2008 6:03 AM by Ryan Rutan

How to create wiki with TOC ?

Hi,

I want to create a document with TOC.

can anybody knows the syntax, rules to create the same in clearspace version 2.5.4.

Thanks....

• Re: How to create wiki with TOC ?
          Ryan Rutan

The TOC Macro is pretty simple...but doesn't have a syntax ....

In the editor, click the >> button...and select Table of Contents.

Then, just like Microsoft Word...you use alternating Styles via the "Style" dropdown (next to Bold, Italics, etc...)

think of these as Header1, Header2, Header3 etc....Header1 is your "Chapter", Header2 is your "section", etc... etc...

When you save your document, you will see the TOC be auto-generated based on the use of these styles, and in their order in the document with in-document anchor links to the sections.  It's quite nice functionally, the dashed border I'm seeing OOTB is not ideal, but easily fixed with CSS.

Hope this helps, =)

RR

Hi,

Thanks for your information, but we had one wiki page created with this TOC functionality.

Now as soon as we make any change (even a single character) & published, it just went to blank, nothing is displayed in this wiki page.

can you reply with some simple example so that I can test it in our environment, or is this the bug in Clearspace version 2.5.4

thanks.....

Ryan Rutan

I am currently running 2.5.4 and the TOC works fine on create, edit, and re-edit, etc... so I would say that this is not a 2.5.4 issue....or at least global 2.5.4 issue.  Use the >> navigation in the Rich Text Editor to place the TOC at the top of the document...and then apply the styles below it.  If you have no matching styles, you should see an empty dahsed box where the TOC is rendered.

Other than that, there really isn't much to send you on this....if you're having a specific issue...may want to file a case with the Jive Support team.

Hope this helps, =)

RR