3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 12:01 PM by greg2

"Who's Online"  widget?

it2000

Hi,

is there a widget available which shows the online users or friends? ClearspaceX did contain one so I wonder whether it is no longer supported.

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/people?view=online does display all users, but there seems to be no option to display only online friends.

LG

PS: As you use a lot of AJAX I wonder whether it is possible to show a notification when a friend comes online or goes offline at the bottom of the page as a DOM/HTML overlay. This would be a nice feature and would make the "add friend" option more interesting.

• Re: "Who's Online"  widget?

+1.  This widget is requested by our users as well and should be

good one to add to the core.

Best Regards,

-senthil

mark.schwanke

I'm a newer customer to Jive as an admin I like to see in real time what is happening on the site. We had an archaic system before but I miss some features about it.  You could see how many visitors you had on the site and you had a list of users on the site with how many minutes they had spent on the site. I'm sure there were more capabilities but I didn't concentrate on finding what all was available as I began the transition process.

I would really like if Jive SBS had, at minimum, similar capability.

I'd like to see:

List of online friends online with current location and total minutes online in current session

List of admins/mods online with current location and total minutes online in current session

Number of Registered users the site

Number of Visitors users on the site

List of communities that have users in them and the number of users per community

It would also be nice to have an online widget for each community. Visitors would see any space moderator/sys admins online that are assigned to that community and any other registered users currently viewing that same community/sub-community.

Eventually we'd like to start pulling reports to find out who is spending a lot of time on our website, in a particular community if possible, to see if they would be a good candidate to be a community moderator.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the ideas. I have added them to the feature request CS-10291.

Eventually we'd like to start pulling reports to find out who is spending a lot of time on our website, in a particular community if possible, to see if they would be a good candidate to be a community moderator.

You could do this today with the Analytics Module that works with Jive SBS 3.0. The module collects data on user behavior in the community and you would be able to create a report to find this out.

Thanks,
                Greg