4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2009 10:32 AM by vinunes

Tag Organization & Bulk Operations

1. Is there a way to rename a mispelled tag or combine two tags into one (not a tag group) and have all related content adjust automatically?
      2. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see anyway to act on a set of documents in bulk.  Say I want to move several documents from one community to another; change common attributes like collaboration options; or change tags.  Is there a way to do this?

While creating the numbered list above, I noticed that the editor doesn't handle empty lines gracefully:

Example 1 - Not empty lines

1. one
      2. two
      3. three

Example 2 - empty lines

1. one

1. two

1. three

I hope the solution isn't html

• Re: Tag Organization & Bulk Operations

Hi,

1. Is there a way to rename a mispelled tag or combine two tags into one (not a tag group) and have all related content adjust automatically?
          2. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see anyway to act on a set of documents in bulk.  Say I want to move several documents from one community to another; change common attributes like collaboration options; or change tags.  Is there a way to do this?

Not in a bulk way. You would need to go through each content item to correct the tag, or do the tag merge. Can you tell me more about your use case?

While creating the numbered list above, I noticed that the editor doesn't handle empty lines gracefully:

I played with the numbered lists for a little bit and the behavior seemed ok to me. I started an ordered list:

1. one
          2. two
          3. three

then went back into that list, to line 1, and hit <enter> to get:

1. one
          2. two
          3. three

I then hit <enter> again on line 2 and it split the list into two lists:

1. one

1. two
          2. three

It sounds like you would like the behavior to keep the single list but insert empty lines between line items?

Thanks,

Greg

• Re: Tag Organization & Bulk Operations

Hi Greg,

The use case is that I'm about to launch a community that is expected to have thousands of members and am concerned about having several variations on what should be a single tag. To correct each of the variations below, I'd have to individually touch each document.  I wish to have the ability to Mark all/several items in a set and act on the set rather than an individual document.  Hope that makes sense.

Example: 

• Correct tag = context_aware
              • Variation 1 = context aware (effectively two tags)
              • Variation 2 = context-aware
              • Variation 3 = context_awar (misspelled)

As for the numbered list question.  Yes, I would like to keep the single list but insert empty lines between line items.

Thanks,

Vic