6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 8:46 AM by mark.schwanke

Registered User Suggested Branching

mark.schwanke

Countless times I go into forums and see posts that get way off topic. The moderator is so overwhelmed with other things that they need some help. It would be good if Registered users could suggest to a moderator that a subject be branched off. The moderator could then branch it off, fix the subject and tags and away they go.

Anyone else in support?

Mark

• Re: Registered User Suggested Branching

Hi Mark,

Were you thinking of a feature in which the user can quickly send a private message to a moderator saying that the thread should be branched?

Thanks,

Greg

1 person found this helpful
            • Re: Registered User Suggested Branching
              mark.schwanke

Greg-

Sometimes providing an issue without suggesting a solution is best. This way you can come up with possible solutions and then get feedback from users. You know the pros and cons to various possible solutions and what's possible. I wouldn't want you to focus initially on one possible solution.

Sending a private message to the space moderator or admin would be good. I think alerting mods via the Your Stuff menu option is better though. This way multiple mods could see it if the community leader was on vacation or something.

Speaking of vacation... it would be good if there was a way to temporarily delegate moderation during a short term absence.  We have volunteer mods who will go away for vacation for a week and it would be nice to let them put this on a moderator calendar. They would then arrange for someone to cover their community while they are absent subject to approval by a sys admin and/or I as a sys admin could assign moderation abilities for a date range.

Mark