1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 2:06 PM by greg2

More permissions and/or super-users/whatever

It would be nice to have more permissions around the management of a space and/or the ability to have space super-users who aren't full admins for that space.  i.e. we want certain users to be able to modify the layout of a space and add tag groups but we don't want them to be able to create sub-spaces.

Also, it would be nice to have users who can log into the administration console and change certain sets of settings (i.e. tag groups) but not (for example) modify the permissions for spaces.  Know that space admins can get in and do certain things but it would be nice to expand/control what can be done.  This would also allow us to have users who can administer the configuration side of Clearspace/SBS without getting access to all content (i.e. we want our IT department to do certain things but not be able to access every secret group)

• Re: More permissions and/or super-users/whatever

Hi Pete,

It would be nice to have more permissions around the management of a space and/or the ability to have space super-users who aren't full admins for that space.  i.e. we want certain users to be able to modify the layout of a space and add tag groups but we don't want them to be able to create sub-spaces.

Thanks for the feature request. It is filed as CS-14057.

Also, it would be nice to have users who can log into the administration console and change certain sets of settings (i.e. tag groups) but not (for example) modify the permissions for spaces.  Know that space admins can get in and do certain things but it would be nice to expand/control what can be done.  This would also allow us to have users who can administer the configuration side of Clearspace/SBS without getting access to all content (i.e. we want our IT department to do certain things but not be able to access every secret group)

This change is planned for our next release.

Thanks,
          Greg