10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 6:04 PM by wallyrogers

What are the Jive SBS Awards?

The Jive SBS Awards are a set of 5 awards designed to highlight specific Jive customers and their respective implementations of JIve SBS. Jive SBS Awards are your chance to be recognized in front of your peers during a special awards ceremony at JiveWorld09. Winners receive one free conference pass. If you are interested in submitting an award nomination, please complete the form here.

If you have any questions about the Jive SBS Awards, please post your questions on this thread.

• Re: What are the Jive SBS Awards?

cameron.deatsch wrote:

The Jive SBS Awards are a set of 5 awards designed to highlight specific Jive customers

Why can only Jive customers compete? Why not third parties who have build extensions for Jive products?

jochemd wrote:

cameron.deatsch wrote:

The Jive SBS Awards are a set of 5 awards designed to highlight specific Jive customers

Why can only Jive customers compete? Why not third parties who have build extensions for Jive products?

So?

Hi Jochem,

The Jive SBS Awards were specifically designed to highlight the various sucesses Jive customers have experienced with Social Business Software. The JiveWorld conference and the SBS Awards are focused on community and bringing together Jive customers to share their experiences and best practices. As such, the awards are only availble for Jive customers. However, if your organization has successfully implemented a customization with a Jive customer, I suggest you submit a joint nomination with that cutomer highlighting both your technology and the business value the company has experienced.

I have build an extension for a Jive product. Not becuase I am payed to do so, but because I saw an opportunity to make the experience of using Jive software better. I think it is short-sighted that your definition of community excludes such spontaneous initiatives.
                          wallyrogers

On the other hand, thank you for creating an opportunity to recognize those who are working hard to use the software in their organizations.

They rarely get a pat on the back.  That's the focus and it's a good thing!

colledgi

Could be the subject of another award.

cflanagan17

Yes, I agree.

Maybe this conference this year is focus on customers right now (and as a customer I truly appreciate all the opportunity and focus - it's been a long year for me and I am truly looking forward to celebrating the joint success I was able to bring my company and Jive.).

But as Iain points out - maybe as Jive figures out a format for JiveWorld for next year (what works, what should be changed or added to) they might consider other award categories for those that continue to extend and bring value to Jive customers on their behalf (i.e. partners, etc).

Jackie2.0

The link in the original post seems to be broken - what is the correct link to the awards page?

wallyrogers

I agree too. Recognition is inexpensive but oh so valuable.  Conference 1.0 is never as good as 2.0 but the second one is far easier to get dialed in.

Sounds like a mid-year discussion should be coming around nominations for new awards. We could use SBS to submit new nominations and then have the community rank them!   Jive could then decide to add more awards to the ones they already desire to have.

I would like to see SBS awards for innovative use, and for those who had the biggest impact on the lives of others - complete with pictures or video .

I would also like to see awards for well coded and innovative plugins and adoption of the winners into the next version of SBS for support as part of the award.

We could all learn how to push the envelope from the winners!