3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2009 1:06 PM by jgraziani

Web 2.0 Conferences

Has anyone attended or know of any good Web 2.0 conference that would be good to attend or have my leadership team attend?

• Re: Web 2.0 Conferences

Since we are in Clearstep, I imagine your reference to "Web 2.0" means social/community programs on the web...

I attended the "Communities Exchange" conference late last year, and it was a great primer for me.  A lot of industry leaders in enterprise/B2B communities were there (Intel, Dell, EMC, Microsoft, Oracle to name a few), and there was plenty of time to sit down and talk with these folks face-to-face and ask questions.

Unfortunately, I was the youngest person there (25), so I became the "token millenial/digital native" during the conference and was grilled during the Q&A portion.

Not sure if they're doing it again, but I think it's a great introduction to the Community space.

Ted Hopton

I attended Web 2.0 in NY last year and enjoyed it. Since I am focussed on an internal community, however, it wasn't directly targeted to my needs but I still got value from it. I am looking forward to attending the Enterprise 2.0 conference this year.

Full disclosure: my company produces both of these conferences

Forum One is hosting the Online Community Business Fourm 2009 in Sonoma, California on March 19-20 which should be a good one to attend.

http://www.forumone.com/content/calendar/detail/2981

Hope this helps!