I saw your post when it first came up, but was concerned about a couple of things. First, I don't feel like our home page is where we want it to be. I'm always fiddling with it and trying different things. Second, it's an internal community, so I can't post everything that shows up on it in a public community like this.
However, I decided to share what it looks like now, making clear that it's not a finished/polished result. Still, it may give you and others ideas. Also, I used a photo editing tool to obscure anything potentially sensitive, so you'll see lots of blurred or erased stuff -- that's why.
Here's the top of the page:
- Links to get help using the tool are in top left
- CEO's blog is pulled in with the Enhanced Blog Posts widget top center (he blogs regularly and his posts are the most viewed content)
- Group of the Week -- highlights different groups to create awareness of them
- Wiki Win of the Week -- I've written about The specified item was not found.. These are successes people have had using the tool (which we call a wiki, even though it's more than that)
- Featured Content -- useful links
- Wikiman Blog -- my blog (the community manager)
- Popular Blog Posts
- Explore the Wiki! -- this is the space widget and I've erased most of the names of our spaces, but you get the idea -- quick navigation links
Here's the bottom half of the page:
- Popular Discussions -- they are, uh, popular
- Popular Documents -- see above
- Our Community -- lists the number of community members, which is only interesting while the community is growing
- Popular Tags -- we want to get people to use the tag cloud more to navigate (not there, yet)
- Help Wanted -- RSS feed from a space we created for enterprise-wide posting of jobs
OK, there you have it!