2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2008 7:43 AM by shetheri

How to upgrade a User from External to full Clearspace user

As it seems I can't have 2 users with the same email address, how do I change a user that was external (just to view documents) to a full Clearspace user? I can only disable the user and not delete it, so I can't remove it and start again either.

• Re: How to upgrade a User from External to full Clearspace user
          jongarrison

In your installation of Clearspace, what is the difference between an external and full user of Clearspace.  Is it just a matter of permissions for the individual user?  If so, you can go to your Admin Console > Communities Tab > Permissions Sub-Tab.  You can elevate the permissions for a specific user for a given community.  Depending on how you limit the permissions of users there may be other places that you would need to make a change too.

-Jon

Jive Certified Clearspace Developer

SwiftNotionSoftware.com
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathangarrison

• Re: How to upgrade a User from External to full Clearspace user

The external user was created when I allowed an external email address access to view  a document in Clearspace. This email then becomes a user in Clearspace, but does not take up a full seat license. This is a great feature, but when I now want to make this user a full fledge Clearspace user, I cannot create a new user with the same email address even if that email/user account is disabled. I need to be able to fully delete the user account to do this.

I checked as you suggested about using the space persmissions, but external users are not listed with the user picker. So I can't use that either. Thanks though.

SHH