4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2009 10:33 AM by mdcrocker

How do I embed a Quicktime mp3 into Clearspace?

I have the mp3 as an attachment in a document and can get it to load properly when I'm customizing the widget.  But once I click save and publish it just shows a QT logo with no actions.

Here is the HTML I am using:

<body><p> <object height="32" width="300"> <embed width="300" height="32" src="MYMP3HERE" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/" type="video/quicktime"></embed> </object> </p></body>

Any ideas?

• Re: How do I embed a Quicktime mp3 into Clearspace?
          yoshi

After you put that text into the document and you look at the resulting source of the page, do you notice that the 'src' attribute is empty?  This is what we are observing for flash embeds.  This has basically made doing embeds in Documents non-functional for us.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with the rich text editor or what.

The work around that I've had to do for some of our video content (via embed not using the Video Module) is to use the HTML widget on community/space landing pages.  The HTML widget does not appear to strip out the 'src' attribute like formatted text widgets do.  Stinks but it works.

melwong

What Clearspace version are you using?

In 2.5.x there are filters that could be preventing your HTML from working as security precaution from Jive. It's unfortunately not as simple as going to the admin console though the settings are visible there.  See the Filter settings discussion to get an example..

I tried Quicktime, Yahoo and Google player.  The only one to actually load the player skin was Google.  But it didn't play the mp3.  Any other ideas?

We have used an embeded Window player i our documents.  You need to use the insert raw html option so that you get the <pre></pre> tags.  Put your object code between thoses.  We have not been able to get the Flash player code to work embedded in a document, but it does work in the HTML widget, if using 2.0 or 3.0.  Jive broke it in 2.5 due to a bug in thier code.

Mike