5 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 4:40 PM by valerie.boudre

Tag Groups Best Practices

wengla02

Hi!

Anyone have a whitepaper, good thread, blog post or video explaining how to best use Tag Groups?

Clearspace 2.5.5 here if it matters.

Thanks,

Will

• Re: Tag Groups Best Practices
          Intel_Mike

Will-

I don't have any documentation, but we are starting to use the tag groups.  We use a plethora of tags on our content, so it helps to group those tags into key topics.  Given our hierarchical community list, we are applying a customization to allow for tag groups to pull from content globally, as opposed to from a particular space.

But for us, we had a need to want to navigate by topic (tag group) as opposed to community.  Let me know if you want any more details.

thanks

Mike

Mike,

If I understand correctly, you are creating a custom widget to allow a tag group to pull content from other spaces and from groups, is that correct?

We are working on how to make a custom widget to do just that.  We are looking at budget options of outsourcing the work, training and doing it ourselves, hiring Jive, etc.  It would be great to know if this has been done by someone else already.

Thanks,

Chris

Intel_Mike

Chris-

That is the concept.  I don't think ours pulls from both groups and spaces, just spaces.  Looking at the hierarchy of our spaces, we have an IT community.  Within that IT community, we have 4 children communities (all with several children communities of their own as well).  Our tag group widget pulls from the highest level of the hierarchy (IT community) all the way through the lowest level of the hierarchy.

We had to do a customization through our social media vendor for this though, since the OOB tags rollup just didn't fit well enough.

thanks
                  Mike

mark.schwanke

Tags and Tag Groups as filters

You'll be interested in this thread I believe.  You'd probably use tag groups in your case similar to our implementation. We've abandoned it for the time being.  Additionally we really want to have Google search to find Tags and ignore the _ to connect two words. I'm not convinced that Google is pulling our TAGs.  If you have information otherwise I'd love to hear.

Mark