1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 7:57 PM by obrien.dan

Jive 4.02 Install/upgrade

We currently run an older version of clearspace, and looking into using Jive 4 - Employee version,

We are using an MSSQL back end, and after getting past the JDBC driver issues,

I made a backup of the existing clearspace sql database, and called it clearspace_test which the JDBC driver is connecting to

I'm using CENTOS 5 x86_64 and installed using the redhat 64bit RPM's

The MSSQL Server is located on a Windows 2003 server/MSSQL2000 database

As i move through the setup script, its picking up the necessary settings in most areas automatically

I get as far as Other Settings, and this too is auto filled, including the Enter the shared secret that Jive SBS should use connecting to Openfire. section. However when i click on next here i get:

System Error

We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.

So i have had a look at: /usr/local/jive/var/logs/sbs.log and have noticed the following errors:

13 Jan 2010 17:50:21,428 [http-127.0.0.1-9001-3] [7A5013F8A42598096117F6194A5E3A83.node0:ANONYMOUS] ERROR setup.OtherSettingsSetupAction - Exception updating Openfire user password.
      com.jivesoftware.base.database.dao.DAOException: Unable to update user User: 2 [openfire_SHRJKZCNU53] [no@mail.com] .

So i guess the problem is, i'm not able to update the user openfire in the backend database?

How do i get round this, i'm not actually interested in connecting this development/testing system to openfire...