1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2010 9:27 PM by adam.mertz

Use and customizing Market Engagement questions

Can I use JIVE Market Engagement to do the following:

1. Direct information from an RSS feed to a Market?
      2. Direct information from any software agent to a Market?
      3. Enable software agents to automatically create/insert an observation?
      4. Enable software agents to automatically create/insert View Points?
      5. Define another “kind of content”, called a tipoff?
      6. Enable a user to create a tipoff?
      7. Enable a software agent to automatically create/insert a tipoff?
      8. Enable a software agent to automatically receive any created/inserted tipoffs?
      9. Customize the JIVE pages to use other terms, for example “Mission Topic” instead of “Market”?
        • Re: Use and customizing Market Engagement questions
          adam.mertz

Hi Ron,

Sorry for the delayed response here.  I'm on the product marketing team here at Jive and would love to talk more with you about your use case.  I can answer some of your q's with absolutes but others I think it would be good to have just a bit more context on what you're looking to achieve as well as to just provide you a more in-depth demo where you can see exactly what is possible.  For instance, there are a variety of ways to pull RSS info into a market.  Also, a couple of your q's relate to a 'tipoff', and that is also possible to create as we have built a flexible system where new content types and/or document templates can be defined and then created by users.  On your last question - very easy to customize and change names of Markets or other content types within our system via our admin console.

Be looking for an email follow up to schedule some time.

Best regards,

Adam