5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 4:27 PM by mark.williams@jivesoftware.com

Activity logging - Receive Email & Community Viewing

I am looking to confirm how the following two types of activities are tracked within the Jive Application Database and ultimately modeled in the Jive Analytics Database:

1. For the action of 'Receive Email Notifications' under the Notifications section for any piece of content, is this translated as a 'WATCH' 250 activity type in the analytics database?  And is this information pulled from the JIVEWATCH table on the application database side?

2. For the activity of VIEW on object type COMMUNITY within the analytics database, where is this information stored/pulled from on the application database side?  I am trying to determine how Jive logs the following activities:

Step 1 - Click on Community Link (assuume this is logged as a VIEW, COMMUNITY)

Step 2 - Click on All Content tab (is this logged and if so in what manner (VIEW/COMMUNITY?)?

Step 3 - Click on Discussions tab (is this logged and if so in what manner (VIEW/COMMUNITY?)?

Step 4 - Click onDocuments tab (is this logged and if so in what manner (VIEW/COMMUNITY?)?

Step 5 - Click onBlog tab (is this logged and if so in what manner (VIEW/COMMUNITY?)?

Step 6 - Click on Overview tab (is this logged and if so in what manner (VIEW/COMMUNITY?)?

Overall - Assume that the view events above do not breakdown by tab type

I can see in the Jive Application database in the JIVEVIEWCOUNT table that the number of views seem to go up as I browse each tab for the community in question but I'm not sure where the VIEW/COMMUNITY activity within the analytics database is actually pulled from.

3. When a user first logs in and is taken to their home page, is this activity captured/considered in anyway as a VIEW to content?  Or is it just captured as a Log In event?

Thanks for the help!

John