3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 4:36 PM by laphroaig15

micro license

Any chance of ever supporting a micro license akin to Atlassian?  Three hundred dollars a month may be a small price to pay for an established company, but is out of reach if you are a small group.  It would be great to have a lower cap on the hosted solution or a hosted micro user license in the $$-$$$ price range.  Maybe that dilutes the brand or something, but the alternative is to commit to an open source alternative which leads to further commodotization.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

• Re: micro license

Here's another thought.  It would be great to see a collaboration between Jive and a social directory like meetup.com.   They could sell a premium account with Jive capabilities around the $3/user price point, but without the cap.  The economy of scale could drive down setup and hosting costs.

Billy Volpone

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Jive Express and the pricing around that was actually something we wanted to do to offer a nice, easy and lightweight way to get up and on Jive at a lower entry point. It is great for growing SBS internally within a larger organization or simply deploying and staying on for collaboration that is fully hosting. However, because it is fully hosted, the base pricing is set to cover those costs as well as the licensing of the enterprise solution itself.

I hope you're able to see the value of what we're offering and that while open source solutions can be great, having a seamlessly integrated and socially focused robust collaborative platform with a lower learning curve holds huge value for your internal teams.

Regards,

Billy Volpone

Sigh.  I see very clearly...time for a market evaluation of affordable solutions.  Heck, I needed an excuse to learn PHP or Python anyway.  Please pass on my idea about social registry to someone not in sales.

best regards,

-Jess