1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 9:47 AM by mark.williams@jivesoftware.com

JIVEDW_OBJECT.NAME - Available for objects without dimensions?

Hi Mark,

I am noticing that the JIVEDW_OBJECT.NAME field appears to be set to the value 'CONTENT' for most (or all) object types that do not have an associated dimension available within analytics.  For example, object types THREAD and POLL do not have dimensions in analytics and their NAME fields in JIVEDW_OBJECT are set to CONTENT - but I would assume that they do have associated names in the Jive Application Database.

- For objects like these, is my understanding correct that there is no way to retrieve their name within Analytics?

- Is that the case for all object types that do not have an associated dimension?

- What is the use for the JIVEDW_OBJECT.NAME field if you can get that information from the associated snowflake dimensions where they exist and its defaulted to CONTENT when they do not exist?

- For the examples, THREAD and POLL - I assume I can just get that information easily from the JIVETHREAD and JIVEPOLL tables in the app database, correct?

Thanks for the help.

John

• Re: JIVEDW_OBJECT.NAME - Available for objects without dimensions?

- For objects like these, is my understanding correct that there is no way to retrieve their name within Analytics?

Correct.

- Is that the case for all object types that do not have an associated dimension?

Yes

- What is the use for the JIVEDW_OBJECT.NAME field if you can get that information from the associated snowflake dimensions where they exist and its defaulted to CONTENT when they do not exist?

The purpose of the JIVEDW_OBJECT dimension was to provide a consolidated dimension of all objects in the system. In future releases of SBS new ETL tasks will be added that pulls in additional data and this dimension table will be updated accordingly. In the meantime it can be used for general queries because it allows you to contrain on the object/content type.

- For the examples, THREAD and POLL - I assume I can just get that information easily from the JIVETHREAD and JIVEPOLL tables in the app database, correct?

Correct.