Thanks for your question. Yes, we are aware of Cisco Quad. Its great Cisco has a product for enterprise collaboration and further validates the space we are in. We see so many traditional enterprise software or content management vendors make a foray into the enterprise colaboration space and model their products on successful social software vendors such as Jive. Cisco is just one additional example.
However Jive has some key differentiators for which we are considered leaders in this marketplace with 3000 customers and 15m + users. Not everyone cam claim that!
- Filtering through the noise - With Quad, you can only filter activities in your feed by contacts or communities. Not by any additional parameters. Jive is providing new innovations to refine activity and filter the noise generated from social technologies. With our 5.0 release, Jive will introduce intelligent filtering, proprietary algorithms and network analysis, so that users that will immediately separate what users want to know from what they need to know, and what they need to take action upon. Not to mention the recommendations engine, that helps identify who and what content you should be following.
- Connecting employees, customers and the social web - Jive is the only vendor that connects employees, customers and partners with one secure, scalable and reliable platform and helps monitor the social web to build brand presence and customer loyalty.
- As regards the status updates question, where Quad only includes microblogging and profiling as part of their platform, Jive 4.5 goes a step further to not only provide microblogging and profiling as part of the core platform, but also partner with Twitter and LinkedIn (as an example) to include deeper and richer integrations with these common consumer social networking tools and leverage that data within SBS. If the goal is to truly bring social to the enterprise and mimic the user experience of the social web, Jive is far ahead of the curve.
- Jive continues to be a user's consolidated social graph, where information is filtered in from various sources - be it legacy CMS, CRM or line of business applications. Our Apps Market strategy further strengthens the ability for Jive to connect with multiple systems and applications.
- In addition to the above, Jive has several other differentiators including proven success in social business (Cisco is still only in beta with 10 customers). Jive has customers willing to vouch for the superiority of our platform), usability/user adoption and rapid innovation to define what social business should look like.
As regards the integration with Outlook, we do have some exciting news about our integration with Office which will be finalized and made available as a module
(Jive connects for Microsoft Office) in late August, so stay tuned!
Does this help answer your question? Let us know if you would like to discuss further.
Thanks for the detailed response! I am really looking forward to hearing more about integrating with Outlook. That has been a request a lot of our employees have asked about as we are deploying our intranet.