9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2008 9:12 AM by Ryan Rutan

Calendar

Dear all,

Is it possible to dispaly calendar in JIVE community?  If yes, please provide a details steps.  I''m new in this product

Thanks

• Re: Calendar

Hey poyopuy -

I''m not totally sure what you are asking - do you want to pop up a calendar widget to populate a date field? You can do that - take a look at poll-form.jsp which uses a little javascript calendar.

-pete

Thanks pete,

I want to dispaly a calendar at the right of every page(e.g. under Legend).

Jeff

Like a calendar view of the current week or month? I''m afraid there isn''t support for such a thing out of the box. What will you be using it for? Will it have significant dates for the community highlighted or somthing like that?

-pete

RobAlexander

We are in the process of replacing our Sungard Higher Education's Luminis Portal's communities with Clearspace X, and would like to integrate Luminis' calendar system (Sun ONE Calendar Server) into our Clearspace X implementation. Any ideas? We currently use Sun ONE for both individual and community calendars.

Hi,

I also want to pop up a calendar widget to populate a date field in my widget. Could you please send the poll-form.jsp code.

I could not find it in my installation. Or could you please tell me what script to write in ftl file to attach a calendar widget to a input text field.

I tried to use other html calendar available in the net. but since clearspace already has a calendar, they are not working properly as my style sheets are getting overridden by clearspace calendar style sheets.

Thanks in advance,

Kalyani Goli

Hi,

I also want to pop up a calendar widget to populate a date field in my widget. Could you please send the poll-form.jsp code.

I could not find it in my installation. Or could you please tell me what script to write in ftl file to attach a calendar widget to a input text field.

I tried to use other html calendar available in the net. but since clearspace already has a calendar, they are not working properly as my style sheets are getting overridden by clearspace calendar style sheets.

Thanks in advance,

Kalyani Goli

We just allow html and embed a google calendar for the group.  That works out nicely.  Google Calendar embed can now import multiple calendars into one view. 

Hmmmm, I'm not the techie but just the administrator.  A calendar function is definately something I have on my wish list.  Our communities mirror committees we have in our organization and I would love to have some sort of calendar functionality so that we could show when meetings are coming.  Perhaps a fourth kind of content:  Blog posts, discussions, documents and calendar entries.

Ryan Rutan

Wondering if there is a niche for an iCal Widget or sorts that can be configured to display fitlered events from calendar?  Not sure if iCal provides detail URLs that point back to the originator source to show details.  Such as, clicking on an event/meeting and see attendees/status.  This would be something that another platform would provide; however, could easily be created in a Widget link if the data is in the iCal and/or Widget configuration.

Assuming that your calendars are inside the firewall, and you dont want to leverage an external ASP?  Any chance anyone is using Notes out there for Calendar...and suggestions on what you guys are doing for this....I see this touchpoint growing in the near future, and thought I'd see if anyone had a nice solution for Calendar integration with Notes (*sigh).

Good topic though...I think Jotlet is great for external elements...however, isn't ideal for all internal calendar requirements I've come acrossed thus far; primarily for privacy and synchronization obstacles.  Someone please prove me wrong if I have misspoken. =)