0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 7:51 AM by Ryan Rutan

Feature Request - Slice-Dice Interface for ALL aspects of Tasks for a person

Ryan Rutan

Had a bunch of people lately request feature that could be solved by a thorough slice/dice interface for Tasks in which they are related.

For example, the slice/dice interface would allow you to:

• filter where I am the assignee
      • filter where I am the assignor
      • combination with Tags (Multiple => AND)
      • due date range
      • specific project
      • status
        • complete / incomplete

This UI could be surfaced in multple areas in the system...both at the User container and Project levels that are preceded with their context information.  I see this as being a general theme for each content type, similar to this request:

Re: Feature-Request: Category and Tag Filtering on Your Personal Container

My general thoughts:  As you open the doors to let people standarize on SBS for getting work done, we need to think passed the honeymoon phase where "finding content" becomes a problem.  Giving them tools to categorize/organize content is great, but need to meet on the other end give them the tools to maximize those annotations to optimize their re-discovery for the user.  There are already some interfaces that are composite search apps in the Anchor Search Menu....these are similar to what I am requesting...but they need to be optimized for the content-types and be provided in a contextual logical experience (perhaps somewhere on the content-type tabs).

Putting this in a discussion, because Idea permissions are messed up right now.  Will link to an idea when this is resolved.