2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2010 4:18 AM by parvez78338

Can someone help me getting videos from child space to parent space?

Hi all,

To understand the situation lets say that I have a space called "Videos" and in that I have three other sub spaces 1. "Animation" 2. "Comedy" 3. "Documentaries". When i place a "Recent Video" Widget in my main space called "Videos" it shows only the videos uploaded in that space (Videos) only. No other video from sub spaces is shown... to be more precise if i want to list up all the recent vdeos uploaded in subspaces (1. "Animation" 2. "Comedy" 3. "Documentaries") , What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Parvez A

• Re: Can someone help me getting videos from child space to parent space?
          tmaurer

Thinking maybe you'd be better off not having those as subspaces, but as categories instead. Is there a reason to split them into subspaces?

• Re: Can someone help me getting videos from child space to parent space?

Thanks Tracy.... But catagories dont solve  my purpose... I need to use sub spaces only... But I have noticed that my main space (Root) that also contains "Recent video" widget works fine and shows all the videos of inner subspaces. it happens when i dont select a place to get videos from (using edit widget). But the sub spaces of main space  dont show the recent videos from their respective subspaces.

For Example if my main space (Root) is "A" and it has subspace namely "X", "Y", "Z". Now this X contains 2 subspaces... 1) "abc" & 2) "123".
              if I place a recent video widget on page "A" and another recent video widget on page "X".

A is showing the videos of all i.e. "X", "Y", "Z" and "abc" & "123". But X is not showing the videos from the Subspaces it owns i.e. 1) "abc" & 2) "123".

How do I do that.

Thanks.

Parvez A.